Storm damage can devastate residential property. Most commonly, it is the roof of the homes that suffers the most damage in the event of inclement weather. Of course, not all damage is equal. Some storms may knock a few shingles loose, while others may send a tree crashing right through your roof. But no matter the case, if you’re in need of storm damage repairs in Oconomowoc, WI, there’s only one roofing contractor to turn to—Windlickers Roofing & Exteriors!
Our expert contractors are experienced, equipped, and trained to help your home in the wake of storm damage of any severity. Whether you need a comprehensive selection of roofing services or some simple siding and gutter services, we’ve got it covered. If your home has recently endured storm damage in the greater Oconomowoc area, give us a call at 414-531-1729, and we’ll be happy to discuss your options.
The Main Perpetrators of Storm Damage
Storms appear in all shapes, sizes, and intensities throughout each year. While most of the time, moderate rainfall and wind won’t harm your home, continued storms or the odd severe storm can wear down your property. Storm damage is typically caused by:
- Heavy rainfall that seeps into cracks and other weak points of both roofs and siding
- High winds that can destroy shingles and gutters, as well as send objects flying or tumbling into your home
- Hail that can damage roofs, gutters, and windows with ease
- Snowfall and ice accumulation that can put undue pressure on roofs, create leaks, and cause structural and water damage.
If your home has recently been through heavy storms or severe weather that involved any of the above, you’ll want to give your home a thorough look-over in case any storm damage was sustained. Our team here at Windlickers Roofing & Exteriors can ensure that you get the detailed inspection and storm damage repairs in Oconomowoc, WI, that you need.
Most Common Types of Storm Damage
As you might have discerned from the points above, the most common types of storm damage include:
- Leaks: Leaks, both large and small, can easily cause irreparable water damage to a home’s roof and siding.
- Mold growth: The leaks mentioned above can lead to further damage caused by mold growth that is able to thrive in cracks and damaged areas.
- Damage or lost shingles: Not only are lost or damaged shingles a detriment to your home’s aesthetic, but they are also an indication that there are likely leaks and other damages to your roof as well.
- Damaged siding: Much like shingles, damaged siding can create adverse aesthetic and functional problems for a home.
- Broken gutters: Gutters are essential for directing water away from your roof and the foundations of your home. Broken gutters after a storm can cause pooling water to wreak a number of damages to your property.
- Structural damages caused by tree fall: Of course, a lot of folks’ most significant fear is high winds sending a tree toppling through their property.
If your home has sustained anything mentioned above or similar, don’t hesitate to reach out for storm damage repairs in Oconomowoc, WI, today at 414-531-1729.
Services You’ll Need in the Wake of Storm Damage
As we mentioned earlier, you can only really know how a storm will affect your property once it actually happens. Thankfully, no matter what happens to your roof, siding, or gutters in the aftermath of a storm, the Windlickers team can be there to help!
For Minor Damage
Minor damage repairs are a cakewalk for our team. From patching up leaks and replacing missing shingles to dealing with the early signs of mold growth, we’ll make sure that there are no minor issues that can later spiral out into further and more expensive repairs.
For Moderate Damage
When the damage is worse than minor leaks but not so bad as to require a complete roof replacement, we can also assist. Our partial roof and siding replacements will help restore your home’s structural integrity back to its pre-storm condition.
For Severe Damage
Don’t worry—when the damage that your home sustains during a severe storm is enough to cause severe damage, the Windlickers team has your back. We can conduct complete roof, siding, and gutter replacements and installations. Likewise, we can help with the continued routine maintenance of each of those components thereafter!